Welcome to the Bon Meade Elementary School Counselor web page!
Hello! My name is Amanda Spirnak. I am your child’s school counselor. As a school counselor I work with ALL students to help them remove barriers to student learning and help encourage success. As a school counselor I am here to help students reach academic, social and personal success. I believe that every student deserves to feel safe and connected to our school. I look forward to getting to know your child or continuing to support your child as they continue their education at Bon Meade Elementary.
Thank you for your support!
The Elementary Counselor….
- Teaches classroom lessons
- Facilitates short term, small group counseling
- Provides immediate, short term individual and crisis counseling
- Works collaboratively with teachers and staff
- Consults with parents
- Gathers information for gifted testing
- Participates in curriculum development
- Provides information and /or referrals for community resources to families
- Organizes Red Ribbon Week
- Develops career and goal planning
- Sponsors 4th Grade Student Council
If you have any concerns about your child regarding….
- Family changes (moving, illness, death, divorce or separation)
- Classroom performance
- Sudden changes in behavior at school or home
- Peer relationships
- Social, emotion or academic development
Possible Small Group Counseling Topics…
- New Students
- Social Skills
- Anger Management
- Study Skills
- Impulse Control
- Grief Support
- Anxiety/ Worries
Please contact Amanda Spirnak at 412-264-9440 ext:5128 or firstname.lastname@example.org.